The virtual office is not concrete. It has no place in space-time. As such, it is a ghost that haunt us wherever we go. Work has no end if we can never leave the office; the office is everywhere. Wherever there is wifi and cell phones, there is work.
here are a few of my faves that are sure to elicit a return to a more tranquil state:
1. the 3-part yogic breath – we all know this one well. play with it while waiting in long lines or on during that challenging conference call.
2. meditation – sit still and practice “being.”
3. aromatherapy – add a dash of lavender to a pulse point to relax or peppermint to energize.
4. affirmations – observe your self-talk. replace the negatives with positive statements.
5. massage – a must-have to keep the body and soul supple.
6. journaling – a great way to self-reflect and turn inward.
7. 6 movements of the spine – throughout the day, spend a few moments working the spine into a forward bend, back bend, side bends and twists on each side.
8. healthy snacks – having healthy natural, organic options nearby (nuts, fruit bars, whole fruits, baby carrots) saves a guilty trip to the vending machine.
9. get moving – dancing, yoga, biking, and running do wonders to increase endorphins. carve out time in your schedule to play.
10. bead, knit, paint – let your creative juices flow and watch the stress subside.
I Like this list.
I would just take number 2 out of it. Meditation can bring tranquility but if you use to bring tranquility you are practicing it with an objective. This is not good because I you still want something. Some people call this material spirituality. There should be no objective in meditation; it is an end in itself.
Thus I think this story:
A student went to his meditation teacher and said, “My meditation is horrible! I feel so distracted, or my legs ache, or I’m constantly falling asleep. It’s just horrible!” "It will pass," the teacher said matter-of-factly. A week later, the student came back to his teacher. “My meditation is wonderful! I feel so aware, so peaceful, so alive! It’s just wonderful!’ “It will pass,” the teacher replied matter-of-factly.
You can use meditation to calm down but this is not its higher use.
The universe is playing tricks on me. Or just being plain kind. Lately, most of the time something rotten happens, some small token of kindness happens.
Had a shitty day, forgot my umbrella, getting wet in the street and a springs an umbrella over my head as some ramdom friend just happens to show up at the right time.
Trying to figure out if this girl I like is on to me and out of the blue she tells me she is not. And within hours a friend shows up at my house at the most unusual time to keep me company.
I am not getting exactly want I want but I keep getting this consolation prizes…
Of course I keep wanting things. And I it can bring me down sometimes when I dont get them. But when I want them and I don´t get them and something like this happens I can´t help wondering what is happening… curiosity gets stronger as exemples pile up
What ever makes this happen, I most deeply thank you/it. Thanks really. Moved and touched.
Of course I can be just mad seeing what I want. Still it helps.